Sunday, October 14, 2012

Back to the grind

Tomorrow I head back to work after being off for two weeks.  I could use an extra few days, but I'm thankful for the schedule we have.  I took on the job of trying to go through all my files and organize them or pitch what I haven't used in years.  It feels great to get rid of stuff that crowds my filing cabinet.

Here are a few other ideas from my former co-workers in San Jose.

I spray painted a popsicle stick (the kind that look like the ones from malt cups) green and wrote a number on them. I found these candy corn foam beads at Oriental Trading Company and they work great for teeth.  You can also use real candy corn but it might get a little sticky.


These are number order bats.  The green circles are poker chips that I wrote numbers on.  There is a blank white circle underneath the green poker chips.


Number combinations - Students roll a dice and put that many erasers on the haunted house, roll the dice again and represent the number.  Then students record how many there are all together.  We are working on part/part = whole.  

1 comment:

  1. So glad I check your blog periodically...I always love your ideas, and it makes me remember all the time we spent planning fun learning ideas!

    Wow, cleaning out your filing cabinet...that's a big task! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete